Happy Spring and RIP to all of those New Year’s resolutions, am I right?! It is hard to believe that just a few short months ago we were excited for a fresh start this year, setting goals and resolutions about how we are going to meet the partner of our dreams, be our fittest, eat home cooked paleo/vegan meals, and travel the world. Fast forward three months ahead to today - how are those goals and resolutions coming along?
If you are managing to stay on track and accomplish what you set your sights on back in January that is great! Keep it up! But if you are still sitting here disappointed in your progress thus far, let’s take a moment to get you back on track and onto success so you don’t wind up wasting the next 9 months of the year until we hit 2019.
Need to reset, reevaluate, and get your eyes back on the prize of having your best year yet? Follow the tips below!
- Do your goals match your values? Do your goals get you excited? Have you chosen your goals based on what you value or from what you saw on social media? Make sure your resolutions speak to what fulfills you rather than fitting in with society and getting likes on Instagram. When your goals align with what speaks to you, chances are you are setting yourself up not only for success for short term but a lifelong lifestyle change.
- Set smaller more achievable goals. New Year’s Resolutions are often lofty goals we set without much thought and can leave us feeling extremely disappointed when we don’t achieve them. Try setting smaller weekly or daily goals for yourself to serve as small stepping stones in achieving the larger, overarching goal. This not only helps you stay on track for success but you also feel like you are achieving a whole lot along the way! For me personally, I find it hard to make big changes at once, so implementing changes in smaller doses allows me to gradually build on the healthy habits I establish.
- Enlist an accountability buddy. Friends, family members, or co-workers are great people to enlist to help you get to where you want to be. Whether it is eating healthier or hitting the gym more often, they will not only help you stay on track but help themselves along the way. Invite a friend over for a healthy potluck dinner or sign up for your workouts together to hold each other accountable in achieving your success.
- Schedule for success. A goal without a plan is just a wish. We have all heard the saying before and it couldn’t be more true. Plan your meals for the week ahead, book your workouts, and schedule in your activities the week ahead. Scheduling helps you stay organized each week. It is an easy way to check things off your list and visually see all that you are accomplishing and what is up for your week ahead. Sunday nights are my go-to time to plan everything for my week ahead.
- Come find me! If you are still feeling like the four tips above aren’t going to make a difference in getting you back on track let me know. Whether it is personal training, group fitness classes, or workshops, my goal is to help you live your best life. If I can help lead you on your path to self-discovery let’s work together!
Be fierce. Be strong. Be vibrant.
Check out Rachel's page on Facebook or follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Feel free to comment below with topics you would be interested in reading about in the future.